This project will gather and analyze data about aircraft engine non-volatile particulate matter (nvPM) emissions in order to better understand the air quality and climate effects of alternative jet fuels.
Researchers will use data from emission measurement tests such as CLEEN and ACCESS to develop improved models showing the relationships among fuel composition, engine power levels, and nvPM emissions.
Researchers expect the project will guide more accurate measurements and estimates of nvPM from alternative fuels for jet aircraft.
- 2015 Annual Report – 024A
- 2015 Annual Report – 024B
- 2016 Annual Report
- 2017 Annual Report
- 2018 Annual Report – 024B
- Predictive Model Development for Aviation Black Carbon Mass Emissions from Alternative and Conventional Fuels at Ground and Cruise
- Aviation black carbon mass predictive model for alternative and traditional fuels at ground and cruise
- Black Carbon Emissions Reductions from Combustion of Alternative Jet Fuels
Last Updated: 07/10/2019