The purpose of this project is to support the development of enhanced aircraft noise modeling tools with a particular focus on the propagation of the noise, and to a lesser extent the aircraft noise source and interactions of noise with the ground. The effect of meteorological conditions is being assessed. Both validation and uncertainty studies are underway. The lessons learned from this research will be considered by FAA and its partners for inclusion in the Aviation Environmental Design Tool (AEDT).
- Aviation noise impacts: state of the science
- Sound Fields Generated by a Monopole Point Source Moving above a Locally Reacting Surface
- Effects of carbon dioxide on atmospheric absorption of noise for en-route aircraft and supersonic aircraft
- Prediction and reduction of aircraft noise in outdoor environments
- Meteorological reanalysis data inputs for improved aircraft noise modeling
Last Updated: 07/10/2019